Bible and Book of Mormon

Book of MormonAnother Testament of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible.What Is the Book of Mormon?The Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ and confirms the truths found in the Holy Bible. The Book of Mormon does not replace the Bible; rather, they are companion works that together teach about God and Jesus Christ. Both volumes of scripture are a compilation of teachings as recorded by ancient prophets. While the Bible details events in the eastern hemisphere, the Book of Mormon documents the lives of the inhabitants of the ancient Americas.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Line Upon Line/ Visit Teaching

In 2 Nephi 28:30 we understand that we learn "line upon line, precept upon precept". This is true in studies; I do better on a test when I have started studying early. Craming sometimes works, but does not stick for longer than the test usually.
This learning also applies to the October Ensign article, "Teaching Chastity and Virtue". The article says having "the talk" once is not the best way to teach about chastity. Through daily opportunities, through example in marriage, and by being involved in the child's life "the talk" can be spread out into a lifelong learning.

I also wanted to talk about service. Our beloved prophet, President Monson, is the best example I have heard of in the topic of service. He is a great example. I have today off from clinicals for the rest of the semester and thought, what am I going to do today? I have to study for my test tomorrow (line upon line hopefully) and go to Hobby Lobby for something, but I thought, how can I do service today? I can clean our apartment, study to do well for my future family, exercise to serve my body, but then I was also thinking about visiting teaching. My companion told me at the beginning of the semester that she could not visit in the mornings, saturdays, or sundays. That was complete opposite from me. However, now that my Wednesday mornings are free, maybe our schedule could line up for visiting teaching. I am kind of scared to call her back though. She kind of threw my under the bus, as if she didn't need me because she already visited one of the sisters on Tuesday mornings. And these women are older--not much in common. As I was thinking all this and feeling guilty for not doing visiting teaching even though it has been drilled in my head that Heavenly Father wants me to...my phone rang and the caller ID said "vis teach" (thats how I saved her number in my phone). I was like, what? I answered and discovered my wonderful visiting teacher, Sundie Ellis, was calling to see when she could visit with me next week. That is just a testimony to me, that Sundie had the spirit with her. It was also Heavenly Father telling me to call my visiting teachee sisters and companion. As much as I don't want to, I will. We shall see what happens...

No comments: