Bible and Book of Mormon

Book of MormonAnother Testament of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible.What Is the Book of Mormon?The Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ and confirms the truths found in the Holy Bible. The Book of Mormon does not replace the Bible; rather, they are companion works that together teach about God and Jesus Christ. Both volumes of scripture are a compilation of teachings as recorded by ancient prophets. While the Bible details events in the eastern hemisphere, the Book of Mormon documents the lives of the inhabitants of the ancient Americas.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Aaron/ Miracles


Today I decided to start at the beginning of the Bible dictionary and read it, learning about specific topics at a time. I read Aaron today. That is the name of my brother. I found out that Aaron was three years older than his brother, Moses who led the slaves out of Egypt. I read a little bit about how Aaron cast down the rod that turned into a snake before Pharoah. The magicians and sorcerors of Pharoah also threw down snakes, but Moses' ate up all the others. This is a symbol to me about God's power. People on this Earth can do magic, do pretty surreal things, but these are less important than the magic of miracles from the correct authority. The Pharoah's magic was probably pretty impressive and convincing, but God's was unequaled. God's power can not be overtaken. That is why I put my trust in God, not the world. The world says miracles are not done these days, but I say they are only not done because of our inbelief as a people. I see miracles in my life.

After reading about this old testament miracle I went back to my chemistry studies about pH and bases and acides. Just then I knew, miracles can happen because I see them in chemistry- the way chemicals react is sometimes miraculous. Even though I have not seen a stick turned into a snake, I see and believe in miracles. It has to do with faith. Miracles are not for the unbelieving, they are for the believing.

No comments: