Bible and Book of Mormon

Book of MormonAnother Testament of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible.What Is the Book of Mormon?The Book of Mormon is another witness of Jesus Christ and confirms the truths found in the Holy Bible. The Book of Mormon does not replace the Bible; rather, they are companion works that together teach about God and Jesus Christ. Both volumes of scripture are a compilation of teachings as recorded by ancient prophets. While the Bible details events in the eastern hemisphere, the Book of Mormon documents the lives of the inhabitants of the ancient Americas.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Love Metaphore

I made this post a while ago-actually it was probably one year ago give and take a few weeks. But my blog that i posted it on got destroyed and doesn't exist anymore. Then I realized i lost that post and I hadn't written the thoughts in my journal as thourough. So i am going to write the post again. The post was about love, romance, dating...I had an epiphany one day driving in my car. That car's CD player did not work, so my only mode of music was the radio. So, as i started out my drive to work or wherever I was going (which was usually at least a 20 minute drive, as is in Texas) I would turn on the radio and see what was playing on the radio. Sometimes what was playing was just ok-not my favorite or anything, but better than not listening to anything, so i'd keep it just because. And sometimes I would flip and flip and flip through the channels just to see what else was out there before I settled for the one I was gonna listen to which was ok but not the best. Then sometimes there would be absolutely nothing that satisfied me on the radio, so I would turn it off and just hum my own tune or just listen to the wind in my hair. But then there were those happy, sporadic moments when I would turn on the radio and hear my favorite song playing and I knew that this was the only song in the whole world that I wanted to be listening to and I wouldn't even check to see what else was playing, because THIS was it-this was my song. I related this to how my dating life is. Sometimes I am dating a guy just because I don't want to be alone but he is not the best, and then there are times when I would rather just not be dating anyone because I'd rather just be by myself doing my own thing. Then there are times when I might find a guy that is good, but I still feel the need to flip through the other channels of the dating scene to see if there was anything better. But someday-someday! I will stumble upon that one song that beats with my heart, or that one man who is in sync with me, who when I stumble upon him, I will not want to look anywhere else to see if there is anyone better out there, because I'll know there's just not. There's nothing better out there when Mr. Right is right here, in my arms. And I'll know he's Mr. Right when I know I don't want to look anywhere else because he is my ultimate favorite. Don't settle for mac and cheese when lasagna is in the oven!

No comments: